PDA

View Full Version : Error Message - Revit or system?

ita
2005-11-15, 01:53 PM
After changing the video card to a ATI FireGL V3100, I have started getting this error message. Clicking Ok turns of the view window, but other view windows are accessible. Opening a plan view gets a repeat of the message. An elevation or 3D view enables the file to continue.

After an initial burst of activity, the error message disappeared for a while and I thought it might have been something in the files related to a particular response of the card. It has returned and is worse than when it first appeared. It is Revit related as it does not appear in any other app - graphics or otherwise.

Has anyone else had this response and if yes, was there a solution to the problem? Thanks for any assistance on this!

Solomon
2005-11-15, 02:13 PM
I've seen it happen with my PNY FX500 when I had OpenGL turned on and had about 15 views open. It seems there's a limit to how many views one can have open when OpenGL is turned on...

HTH

Solomon

ita
2005-11-15, 02:53 PM
Solomon, thanks for the confirmation - it is even happening with 3 or 4 views open - and those are not 3D or camera views. Thanks.

Elmo
2005-11-15, 03:00 PM
This might seem rude but could you post the specs of your PC here as well. It will allow a better idea of what might be going wrong.

blads
2005-11-15, 10:26 PM
After changing the video card to a ATI FireGL V3100, I have started getting this error message. Clicking Ok turns of the view window, but other view windows are accessible. Opening a plan view gets a repeat of the message. An elevation or 3D view enables the file to continue.

After an initial burst of activity, the error message disappeared for a while and I thought it might have been something in the files related to a particular response of the card. It has returned and is worse than when it first appeared. It is Revit related as it does not appear in any other app - graphics or otherwise.

Has anyone else had this response and if yes, was there a solution to the problem? Thanks for any assistance on this!
Hi Ita,

yep I've had that error message appeared from time to time. I initially contact Karel*CAD for support & they suggest to download the new build... did that! no more problems :D

HTH

iru69
2005-11-15, 11:10 PM
Yes, as other have noted, when a lot of views are open. "Close Hidden Windows..." does the trick - until the next time. Pretty sure it's Revit not playing well with others (Dell Quadro FX500 video card). Newest build (20051017) didn't fix it for me - actually, it's been getting worse.

Mr Spot
2005-11-16, 02:15 AM
This error message has been around for a long time. I've probably had it over hundred times since i've been using revit. And is usually and issue with the open gl video driver settings. Latest drivers are usually the best solution, or checking for the latest build, or as a last resort disabling open gl or overlay planes or both...

ita
2005-11-16, 09:45 PM
Thank you all for the response. I have never seen that message before so I wasn't sure of its origin!
I needed confirmation that it was Revit and the video card. Sounds a bit like . . . "Revit killed the video card" . . . sorry about that!!:Oops:

Set the card back to default settings but maintained the Revit setting (Has a Revit setting . . . how about that!) and all had been well. It was interesting to see that the overlay plane setting was not OK from initial installation. Never been able to get that setting working.

cphubb
2005-11-17, 05:09 PM
We were also getting that message on our system Dell Quadro 2MX 64. I talked to support who told me to reinstall the original Dell drivers, upgrade those to the latest Dell drivers and not to use the Nvidia drivers as they do not fully support the Dell card.

That made the problem so bad that I could not have more than 2 windows open at a time and got weird green lines across the view window.

Updated to the latest Nvidia drivers and all is well. I still occasionally get the message, it seems to appear when switching from a 3d view to a 2d view when many windows are open in the background. I have learned to only use 3-5 windows at a time and almost never a problem.