PDA

View Full Version : 3D view of each floor, no ceilings

Michelle Gibson
2005-11-17, 03:23 PM
This seems like a simple thing - I turn off ceilings and roofs and it works great for a single storey building. How can you do that on a two storey building ie. I want to be able to look into the building on the main floor, not the second floor.

thanks in advance

hand471037
2005-11-17, 03:57 PM
Turn on the Section Box under view properties, and then drag it's handles to cut the 3D into what you want. If you want more than one floor at a time, just generate multiple 3D cutaway views and put them next to each other on a sheet.

Tom Dorner
2005-11-17, 04:30 PM
An easy way to get the view is:

1. Copy the default 3D view (right click on view and choose copy)
2. Active new 3D view
3. From the menu choose: 'View' 'Orient' 'To other view' and then choose your floor plan view name

You will then have a section box around your floor based on your View Range settings of the view you told Revit to Orient to. You can always adjust the section box further by dragging the blue grips as stated above.

HTH

Tom

Steve_Stafford
2005-11-17, 04:48 PM
Along the same lines as Tom...

If you create a new camera view (perspective) and then spin it so that you can see the "plan" of the building you can then use View > Orient > To Other View, selecting the floor plan you want. The reason for spinning first is to help keep the building in the view and reduce the adjustments to the crop region to make it all fit.

What you'll end up with is a perspective view of the floor plan, walls appear to be leaning out. I made a quick mock up and then overlaid the color fill pattern and the perspective view on a sheet. It isn't very exact, it took a little zooming in/out with Dynamically Modify View to get them close. I also didn't put much time into it. Makes for an interesting image anyway.