PDA

View Full Version : Moving Revit Standalone License to Another Computer

Kevin Janik
2005-11-17, 06:53 PM
How do you move a standalone Revit license to another computer. I can not find anything in search regarding this.

Kevin

aggockel50321
2005-11-17, 07:03 PM
Use the portable license utility. You'll find it's icon in the programs menu alongsde the Revit 8.1 icon.

Read the help file on how to set it up. Make sure Revit is not running when you make the transfer.

iru69
2005-11-17, 07:04 PM
I assume you only want to transfer for the license temporarily?

This is directly from the Revit Help file:

If you are running Revit Building with a standalone license, you can transfer that license, using the Portable License Utility. The Portable License utility transfers a product license from one computer to another and ensures that the product works only on the computer that contains the license. Access the Portable License Utility by clicking Start Programs Autodesk Autodesk Revit Building 8.1 Portable License Utility. For more information on the Portable License Utility, see the online help with it.

Kevin Janik
2005-11-17, 07:14 PM
What do I do if I want to move it permanently?

Thanks for your input!

Kevin

Paul Monsef
2005-11-17, 07:15 PM

Thanks for your input!

Kevin
Then never use the portable license utility again. : o)

iru69
2005-11-17, 07:18 PM

Thanks for your input!

Kevin
Uninstall it from the respective computer.

Install it on the new computer.

Authorize it. It should work fine. If you have any problems (such as getting a message to the effect that the license has already been authorized too many times), call Autodesk support and explain you need to move the license to a different computer and they should be able to help you out (assuming everything is on the up and up).

Kevin Janik
2005-11-17, 07:59 PM
Thanks for all your help!