PDA

View Full Version : Error "Failed to Save Document"

dgraue
2005-11-17, 07:12 PM
Has anyone gotten an error message which states "Failed to Save Document"? This is a file I've been working with for a few months without problems. Now I'm not able to save it to the network server. It only gives me the option to hit "OK" then it says "File Not Saved" then I can hit "OK" again. No other info is given regarding this error. Strange, since I am able to save other Revit projects there.

I can "Save As" to my local hard drive but not to the network, even under another name.

Anyone else run into this problem?

Danny Polkinhorn
2005-11-17, 07:37 PM
Could be the folder is now read-only or full. Can you save other large documents to the same folder?

dgraue
2005-11-17, 07:45 PM
You're right Danny. There seems to be a problem with this folder on the server where it suddenly doesn't like files larger than 20mb. Files smaller than that are ok. Our administrator is looking into it.

I'm glad it's not a problem with my project file!

BWG
2005-11-17, 08:03 PM
I get this occassionally and it only seems to be affecting the backup files. My original project files saves. However, once I get that message, I save again and it works fine. I save across a network, so maybe there was a collision during the process or something causing that error to show.