PDA

View Full Version : Arrowheads

chriscooper
2005-11-18, 06:40 AM
I want to make a new arrowhead, an open elliptical one if possible.... to call up a few reinforcing bars

Under setting - annotations you can change between a few different types but where can you load a new profile or the like. I found a family called leader arrow but it was empty?

I thought this would have been discussed previously but I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

aggockel50321
2005-11-18, 02:31 PM
As arrowheads are a system family, you're stuck with choices provided.

You could make a home-made one as a generic annotation, similar to the one attached.

djn
2006-10-31, 11:44 PM
I am looking for a similar elliptical leader head, and came across this thread. What tool did load and place this with because if you place it with symbol tool you can't modify it to have different instances, or at least I couldn't.

aggockel50321
2006-11-01, 12:38 PM
Granted, this solution is kind of a clunky workaround for a leader, but once you place it with the symbol tool, highlight it, & go to properties. You'll see the instance parameters listed there that change the elipse size, position, etc.

djn
2006-11-01, 09:20 PM
Thanks. It sure would be nice to customize your own leader arrowheads.

patricks
2007-07-24, 12:41 PM
I second that. I'd like some smaller arrowheads, like the 15 deg. filled arrowhead but slightly shorter in length.