PDA

View Full Version : Curved profile sweep in elevation

patricks
2005-11-18, 02:42 PM
Whenever I create a curved profile for use as a wall sweep (such as a profile for a bullnose brick or block), the transition from the curved radius to the vertical face of the profile always makes a line appear in elevation, as if there were a sharp corner between the curved radius and the vertical flat surface, even though I used the fillet arc tool to create the radius. Anybody have an idea how I can keep this from happening, or am I going to have to resort to using the linework tool in all my elevations to get rid of the line?

Maybe these pics can illustrate...

sbrown
2005-11-18, 03:33 PM
You are going to be the happiest man on earth, at least I was when I discovered the Tangent arc tool. when creating curves in revit, don't use the 3 point arc, use the tangent arc, its one of the draw choices when you are sketching.

patricks
2005-11-18, 06:18 PM
Didn't work, I still get the same line in elevation at the transition between the arc and the straight vertical face.

sbrown
2005-11-18, 06:36 PM
Your right, for some reason with your shape its not working. It works with walls and inplace families but not if you make your profile first. looks like we need to send it in as a bug.