PDA

View Full Version : Footing Joins?

ryanmcin
2005-11-18, 07:22 PM
I am having a problem with my footings and how they join togeather. I have attached an image of the problem, the upper left joint is clean, but the other 3 are a mess. Any sugguestions?

Rhythmick
2005-11-18, 09:02 PM
Try the join geometry tool.

cadkiller
2005-11-18, 09:10 PM
Check out this thread. I had a similar problem.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=26953&highlight=FOOTING+MITER

ryanmcin
2005-11-18, 10:07 PM
The join geometry tool wouldn't work (at first), I assume becuase of the voids? So I looked at the other thread and tried spliting some of the walls. This cleaned up one of the joints, but not the others, and left me with a split wall which I wanted to avoid. Eventually after spliting, deleting and triming the walls togeather a few times without success I managed to get a mitered joint and I was then able to join the geometry so that it displayed properly. I mirrored the wall and footing to the other side figuring that it would work there to, but it didn't so I had to split and the delete the end of the wall again and then trim it which resulted in the mitered joint which I was able to join. The most difficult joint was occured at the top right corner it required me to disjoin the walls one at a time and then join the footings one at a time then rejoin the walls. Anyhow the problem is solved (for now) thanks for the help.