PDA

View Full Version : How do I change a curtain wall panel

mpd21891
2004-03-12, 07:40 PM
Hello

I was able to create a curtain wall family with tinted glass and can see the family in the family explorer after importing it but do not know how to put it into the project. I cannot select it in the drop down in properties or drag it onto the work surface. I know there is probably an easy answer but I can’t get around this one. Any help is appreciated.
:?

Scott D Davis
2004-03-12, 08:02 PM
Ddi you create it as a curtain wall panel? If so, load it into your project, go to your curtain wall, and hoover over a panel. Hit TAB until just the panel highlights. Now go to the drop-doen list in the options bar, and your loaded panel should be listed, select it and your panel will update.

aggockel50321
2004-03-12, 08:07 PM
I'm guessing what you've created is a curtain wall panel family.

Open your project, load your new curtain wall panel famiy you created.

With the Wall command, select curtain wall as a wall type and draw a length of wall.

Use the curtain grid command to cut the wall in sections or panels.

In an elevation or 3d view, hover over a grid joint or wall edge, & toggle through until you select "system panel". Go up to drop-down menu above, and select your panel.

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-03-12, 09:01 PM
If you are selecting a number of panels to apply the panel type I find it easier and quicker to window or crossing select the whole wall and filter for wall panels. From there you can shift click to eliminate the panels you don't want to change.

mpd21891
2004-03-16, 10:41 PM
You where right – I did make a curtain wall panel. Now when I look I can’t find where the template is for the curtain wall. It is either a panel or window-curtain wall. I tried the window version but it too converted it to a panel. All I am trying to do is get smoked glass in the curtain wall. Is there a curtain wall family template?

JamesVan
2004-03-17, 06:43 AM
If all you need to do is to create a curtain wall panel with a new material, highlight the panel, go to its properties, click Edit/New, then Duplicate. Now you can create a new iteration of the same panel family, just with a different material.