PDA

View Full Version : Doors & Curtain Wall Doors - Meet the Mummy

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-23, 03:45 AM
Okay, looking for "best" practice here. I'm being told I simply must include curtain wall doors in my door schedule. I had this harebrained notion that I'd schedule them as part of the "storefront" entrances since we have to detail them out anyway. Sometimes I feel so young...we've always done it that way... "Steve...what were you thinking??" I think, uh, we use Microstation too... :(

Anyway, curtain wall doors don't belong to the old money family "Doors". Since they are "Newvo Reesh" how do I get the old money and the Newvo to play together in the same country club???

Plainly said, I need em in the same schedule, what do you all do??

Q

mlgatzke
2003-05-23, 04:43 AM
Steve,

It should happen automatically - as long as the doors have been created as "Curtain Wall Doors". It works that way for me anyway.

Try it. Just remember that the size in the schedule will be the size INSIDE the mullions, not to the center of the mullion. Also, you'll have to tab to the door panel when placing the tag. Otherwise you'll tag the entire Curtain Wall assembly.

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-23, 12:21 PM
Oooh, I didn't tab to the door panel when I placed the tag...must be why. I look into that!