PDA

View Full Version : How do you change the sizes on a PRECAST- INVERTED TEE?

flaviusb1887
2004-03-13, 11:22 PM
Does anybody know how to change the sizes for a precast inverted tee foundation type? I want to make it smaller so it is not 24" on the stem wall, but 12". I keep getting an error message. I tried doing any way I could think of. I wonder if there are some parameters you can't change. Is there any way to make a new one? Anybody?

sohocad
2004-03-13, 11:38 PM
need to see...?

beegee
2004-03-13, 11:42 PM
Maybe post the family, Flavius ?

I don't think that family exists in the standard metric revit library we use.

flaviusb1887
2004-03-15, 02:17 AM
I think you are right beegee. I am in the U.S. and I don't usually use the metric so I apologize. In the imperial library it is in the Structural, Beam, and then you have several options. Is there htings in the metric library that I can use or it's the same things just in metric?

beegee
2004-03-15, 03:35 AM
Open the family and adjust the parameters shown on the attached.

If you need to do this often, copy the family and make the size you use as standard, or add other parameters to make the family respond to your requirements.

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1753

Dean Camlin
2004-03-15, 10:44 AM
Just curious, Flavius: Do you normally use a precast inverted tee as a foundation piece? Around here we would just pour concrete in a trench as the strip footing & then build the foundation wall on it with block or site-formed concrete. Inverted tees are used to carry precast tees or planks as part of the superstructure. Or am I missing something here?

flaviusb1887
2004-03-15, 04:48 PM
I tried to use the inverted tee for foundations so I can take advatage of them in section cuts. But forget because when they intersect each other, they don't join to form a nice miter angle like walls. They actually repel off each other which is strange to me. Does anyone know how to form a wall wih a nice stem and footing on the bottom all in one piece? :shock:

gregcashen
2004-03-15, 08:22 PM
Create a sweep? Could even be part of the exterior wall definition...use a vertically compund wall with a hosted footing sweep. I can imagine several other issues with this though.

I personally use walls. I use one wall for footing, another for stem and then the wall above.