PDA

View Full Version : TEXTS AND TAGS OUTSIDE CROP REGION

anders.hedman
2005-11-22, 12:54 AM
How do I set roomtags an texts so that they are invicible when outside crop regions.
I´m placing different parts of a floor plan on different sheets an the not expected roomtags and texts outside crop boundaries are "polluting" the supposed white margins of each drawing sheet.

The solution is certainly easy but I can´t find it and everything has to be ready soon. Ideas?

aaronrumple
2005-11-22, 01:08 AM
Delete them.

anders.hedman
2005-11-22, 07:42 AM
Thanks ! Of course, the tags are specific for each plancopy.

xophe4real
2006-03-01, 09:27 AM
Am I getting this correctly?

So this means if I have 5 appartments on 1 floor, I have to copy the floor's plan 5 times, then apply Area and Room Tags to each copy, before I can use it on separate sheets? This really sounds very stupid to me, why isn't revit just cropping tags like it crops everything else?
I now have 1 floor plan, with Area and Room Tags applyed, and now I have to make 5 duplicates of it, and then removing all unneeded Tags for each plan. If I change dimensions eg. on the source plan, I also have to change them on all the duplicates! Pffff, this is really a waste of time! I have to do like 200 clicks and more, just because those Tags are not cropped??? This is no option for me, I'll have to figure out something else..

Chirag Dedhia
2006-03-01, 10:00 AM
I'll do it in a little different manner. I have my Main Plan in front of me. And assuming this is on Scale 1:200. I want to show enlarged plans of each room at 1:50 on different sheets. I'd use Callouts for Floor Plans and show each detail plan at that scale of 1:50.
And then use "Tag All Not Tagged" to put the door and window tags relevant to that view!

I believe this is the right workflow. Any suggestions??

aaronrumple
2006-03-01, 05:01 PM
Am I getting this correctly?

So this means if I have 5 appartments on 1 floor, I have to copy the floor's plan 5 times, then apply Area and Room Tags to each copy, before I can use it on separate sheets? This really sounds very stupid to me, why isn't revit just cropping tags like it crops everything else?
I now have 1 floor plan, with Area and Room Tags applyed, and now I have to make 5 duplicates of it, and then removing all unneeded Tags for each plan. If I change dimensions eg. on the source plan, I also have to change them on all the duplicates! Pffff, this is really a waste of time! I have to do like 200 clicks and more, just because those Tags are not cropped??? This is no option for me, I'll have to figure out something else..
No you don't. Create a detail group. Paste that detail group to all the needed views. If one group is updated - all the others are updated as well. This works very well with room tags and details. As for dimensions and object tags - once they are placed they will move with all the objects. Dimensions can be copy/pasted like anything else.

If things really get out of sync. - you can always just delete all the detail from one view and paste in the detail from another view. 5 seconds and you're done.

But the typical use of duplicate views is to have different information - not the exact same information....

sbrown
2006-03-01, 06:07 PM
You may not want the tags in the same place on diff. floor plans, you may even want a different tag. this is by design and very important. Its not the xref mentality which was awful, you had to put your tag in just the right spot so it worked in every possible view. with revit it knows the room so you can just click roomtag in any view and the name will appear.