PDA

View Full Version : Wall reveal

mwenta
2005-11-22, 02:23 AM
I am trying to create a radial hosted wall reveal on a 'arced' wall. As far as I know you can only create vertical or horizontal reveals/sweeps. I tried doing this by using a void as well, no luck. When I created the void it deleted my vertical reveals. Am I missing the forest through the trees? I've included some crude and primitive pictures to help explain.

Mike Hardy-Brown
2005-11-22, 06:45 AM
Hi Mwenta

Try this,

It is a combination of solids, and a void.
Also using a ref plane to define where you want the void to start from

SCShell
2005-11-22, 02:16 PM
Hey there,

In my experience. I have had better success just using simple extrusions and setting them to be Wall types. For a reveal, I just go to the elevation, click "solid" and set the depth for the wall trim (either a negative number for reveals or a possitive one for moldings) and sketch it. (You do have to set the work plane first...I do it by selecting a plane and clicking on the wall where I want the extrusion.)
I think you are right about sweeps. I could never do one with a curve (as a sketch) unless I was picking one that was already there.

Good luck
Steve

mwenta
2005-12-01, 05:08 AM
Thought that I would post this as a follow up. Thanks for all of your help, I used a little of everyone's advice which helped to get the gears going in my head. This is a rendering of what I was after. Thanks again.

mwenta
2005-12-01, 05:09 AM
The following is more of the same project.

patricks
2005-12-01, 02:58 PM
nice, was that rendered in Revit? Did you use a radiosity solution?

mwenta
2005-12-01, 03:04 PM
It was all created in Revit and there was no radiostity used for this, DPI was set to 150. For the final renderings I will use radiosity, wanted to on these but ran out of time.

athanasiosmavrides
2005-12-01, 09:21 PM
Mwenta how do you make the different ceiling levels and the dark blue glass wall ?
It is quite impressive!!