PDA

View Full Version : How to view all the doors in a section view!

flaviusb1887
2004-03-13, 11:28 PM
I have a section view going through a garage that I'm building and I cannot see my whole door that leads into the house visible. Only parts of it. It is pretty intresting. My section cut goes through the place where the garage door would open and I need it there for I want to show some detail for some windows on the walls that are perpendicular to the big garage doors. Anybody knows why this is happening? If I erase my big garage doors, then I can see the door leading to the house but I don't have the door in any other view? This also goes for the water heater. I can't totally see it only parts of it. Anybody encountered this problem?

sohocad
2004-03-13, 11:35 PM
can you provide some snap shot?

beegee
2004-03-13, 11:38 PM
Open the garage door family, go to 3d view and position your cursor over the head of the opening cut and tab through until you get the "opening cut" to show and then select.
Look in the option bar and see if the "3d" and "elevation" boxes are checked.
If the elevation box isn't checked , do that and that should fix it.

flaviusb1887
2004-03-15, 02:25 AM
This is the best that I can come up with. The things that I am concerned are in the revision lines.

beegee
2004-03-15, 04:10 AM
This is what I was posting about.

Did you try that ?

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1754

flaviusb1887
2004-03-15, 04:46 AM
Beegee, for some reason I don't get those options like in the jpeg you attached. Are we using different door styles or what? But I figured out that if I go to view properties and I make the objects to be in wireframe instead of hidden and I resize my clip plane for the section view, my doors show just as they should. Thank you for all your help.

beegee
2004-03-15, 08:19 AM
It can sometimes be difficult to find the opening cut, but it is there.

The workaround using wire frame could cause problems down the line.

See if you can get adjust the door family as I described, I'm pretty sure thats the problem.

Try substituting another door family first to see how that changes things, or not. ( Back in hidden line mode )

flaviusb1887
2004-03-15, 04:44 PM
Well, after many cups of coffee I finally found the opening cut. That took care of the problem. Thank you Beegee. Also, in wireframe, when I looked closer at the section view, I wod see more things than needed.