PDA

View Full Version : Roof fascia - "Can't create Fascia"

tomm
2005-11-22, 09:32 PM
I have a project with several roofs, I am trying to add fascia to the roofs, and every time I get this error message, no explanation simply "Could not create fascia". The roofs are generic 8" roof created by footprint. I have tried several different fascia profiles and settings. I am using Version 8. Any one have any suggestions?

Edit: I just tried adding a gutter to the roof and it works ok, trouble is I don't need gutters on this building! So why won't fascia?

Les Therrien
2005-11-22, 09:57 PM
I have no guesses, but are your eaves aligned???

rsharp
2005-11-23, 12:30 AM
It seems like every time I get that warning, it has something to do with the profile family not set up correctly.

That may not be the case here though.

SkiSouth
2005-11-23, 02:39 AM
tomm,

I have found that there is usually an extra line in the profile when I get this error. Edit the profile, and erase each line. then Undo if there is not an extra line under the one you erased. unfortunately, that is the only way i have found to find the wayward line. As a simple test though, use the standard 1x12 profile and see if it will work as your fascia.

aaronrumple
2005-11-23, 03:06 AM
Yes. Revit Really Should say "Ack!" when you try to load an invalid profile. Or better yet - just fix the damn thing.

blads
2005-11-23, 03:23 AM
Yes. Revit Really Should say "Ack!" when you try to load an invalid profile. Or better yet - just fix the damn thing.
now there's a great thought! :wink: can we have that on the wishlist aaron....

Chad Smith
2005-11-23, 05:16 AM
I quite often get that message when changing the sketch of a roof that already has fascias attached to it. It's very annoying having gone to great length sometimes to change the sketch of a roof, only to get that error and have to hit cancel to delete the problem fascia first and then redo the sketch.

I would have thought Revit would have more intelligent options like 'Do you want to delete the problem fascia/s' - The answer, hell yeah.

kpaxton
2005-11-23, 05:18 AM
I have a project with several roofs, I am trying to add fascia to the roofs, and every time I get this error message, no explanation simply "Could not create fascia". The roofs are generic 8" roof created by footprint. I have tried several different fascia profiles and settings. I am using Version 8. Any one have any suggestions?

Edit: I just tried adding a gutter to the roof and it works ok, trouble is I don't need gutters on this building! So why won't fascia? TOMM,

I appreciate the post! Sometimes the roof command works well, sometimes you need a hammer. However, I would like to say that when it comes to items like this, a little more description or a graphic or even a small file (of the profile) would help us out immensely in trying to help you.

I would look into the following:

Check the alignment of eaves
Check your profile for overlapping lines
Create a NEW profile, and try it.
If you already have a fascia on another roof, click START NEXT to make a new one.
Good luck,
Kyle

EDIT - Why is it when I went to originally post this reply, the other's responses didn't show... . now they do... I sound like a broken record.. just reinterating what they said... oh well.. . enjoy! :Oops:

tomm
2005-11-23, 01:42 PM
Thanks to all, it was the profile with a small unconnected line. I thought I had successfully used this profile before, and I had deleted the standard 1x12 profile.

Firmso
2006-09-28, 01:54 AM
Thanks to all, it was the profile with a small unconnected line. I thought I had successfully used this profile before, and I had deleted the standard 1x12 profile.

Good for you.
Carry on....

savethedave875535
2014-05-14, 04:05 PM
For anyone else who finds themself here, if your profile is one or more loops you can check your linework by copying the lines into the sketch mode of a filled region in a project view. Revit will then highlight overlapping lines and line not forming parts of loops.