PDA

View Full Version : How do you demolish without host filling door or window opening ?

dirk.cilliers
2005-11-23, 01:16 PM
I would like to demolish a storefront but not fill the opening with the host wall. Is this possible?

Help would be appreciated.

SCShell
2005-11-23, 01:41 PM
Hey there,

Yes it is possible; however, I usually play around with the existing wall first in order to have the storefront in a piece of wall that is separate (split) from the main wall that is in. (Including the wall portion above the opening.) In addition, you also have to demo the actual wall portion that is hosting the storefront section.

This way, graphically, when I do a Demo Plan, the storefront is just dashed in and the opening remains. (If you do not like the dashed lines for the host wall that was demo'd, you can use the "line tool" set to "invisible line" and click on the wall's dashed lines in order to just show the storefront dashed.)

Hope that helped.
Steve

dirk.cilliers
2005-11-23, 02:11 PM
Hi Steve

Thanx for the advice, I thought this would be the way to go, it would however be nice to have a demolish setting i.e. “don’t fill opening”

Maybe a wish list item?

ejburrell67787
2005-11-23, 04:57 PM
You can also place an "opening" family in the wall where the storefront is being demolished from. This should indicate an opening with dashed lines for the demolished storefront.