PDA

View Full Version : move with nearby elements?

Griff
2004-03-15, 02:48 PM
I have noticed that if I add a component like a supply diffuser to the ceiling grid the diffuser moves with the ceiling grid, but if I copy that diffuser to place another diffuser, that diffuser doesn't move with the ceiling grid. Is there something I'm doing wrong or do I have to add all my components instead of copy ones I've added? I prefer to copy because I can copy from one basepoint to another and do multiple copies. I selected all the diffusers that weren't moving with the grid and selected "moves with nearby elements" but that didn't change things.

beegee
2004-03-16, 12:40 AM
Hmmm strange,

This is from the Help File:_

The element with which the line or component moves can change based on user actions.

If you copy a line or component that is set to move with nearby elements, the copy also moves with the element.
If you move the line or component toward another element, it then moves with that new element. For example, a straight line moves with a wall. You move the line closer to another straight wall with which it is parallel, the line now moves with the new wall; however, if you place a wall closer to the line or component, it does not move with that new wall. It retains its movement with the first wall.
Tip: The option is not available for detail lines, sketch-based elements, and families.

Possibly, the copied diffuser(s) is associating with a wall or other element ?

Griff
2004-03-16, 01:10 PM
There must be a setting in my current project that isn't associating my ceiling objects to the ceiling, cuz I started a new project with the default template and I was able to copy the ceiling objects and have them move with the ceiling.

I tried reloading the ceiling objects but that didn't fix it. This project was started in 5.1 and I am now using 6.1. Any suggestions on what would be causing this? How can I tell if the ceiling objects are associated with something other than the ceiling?