PDA

View Full Version : align surface pattern

marcknapen
2005-11-23, 08:28 PM
I can align the surface pattern of a wall in horizontal direction [see the difference between figure 1and 2].
But how to align in the vertical direction so that I get one 'panel' or 'square' of the pattern at the top of the wall?

J. Grouchy
2005-11-23, 08:31 PM
I can align the surface pattern of a wall in horizontal direction [see the difference between figure 1and 2].
But how to align in the vertical direction so that I get one 'panel' or 'square' of the pattern at the top of the wall?
It should follow the exact same method...you probably have to tab through till you "grab" one of the pattern lines.

dsw98
2005-11-23, 08:37 PM
It worked for me. I actually did this the other day. I was totaly suprised that it worked. I had vertical lines as a siding pattern. It works quite nicley.

marcknapen
2005-11-23, 08:52 PM
For the vertical pattern lines I can align to the left 'plane' of the wall.
It doesn't works for the horizontal pattern lines because I cannot select the top [horizontal] plane of the wall ....

dfriesen
2005-11-23, 09:13 PM
For the vertical pattern lines I can align to the left 'plane' of the wall.
It doesn't works for the horizontal pattern lines because I cannot select the top [horizontal] plane of the wall ....
Use the Move tool instead of Align - you should be able to select one of the horizontal lines, and move it up to the top.

iru69
2005-11-23, 09:23 PM
You can also draw a drafting line at the top of your wall and then align to that.