PDA

View Full Version : Bug - Images in drafting views behaveing weirdly

Max Lloyd
2005-11-24, 05:20 PM
I think this is a bug? I have inserted a jpg image into a drafting view and added annotation etc to it. Due to the project 'mirroring', I needed to flip the image over. So select the image, select flip, horizontal. Fantastic!

or not....

Zoom in tight on it and strange things start to happen. It seems to shuffle around relative to the annotations, scale goes weird too. In addition, the image no longer prints. Very odd!

Anyone else have this problem?

(just noticed, its not just in drafting views, but any view. Looks like the flip feature is useless)

blads
2005-11-24, 08:49 PM
Sorry Max, I haven't experienced anything like that. Revit for me is rock-solid. How big is the file? Can it be uploaded to try on another machine. Normally I suggest sending it to Revit Support along with details of your computer system and what you were doing at the time but with the holiday in the US you may not get a fast response.

Sorry I can't help any further :sad:

Lashers
2005-11-24, 09:47 PM
Max, not sure about the problem in revit . . but why don't you try mirroring the image in Photoshop and then reinserting in Revit. May get around the problem . . .

Max Lloyd
2005-11-24, 10:19 PM
I've tried doing the same thing on 3 different computers and each one has the same effect.

Lashers, your solution is exactly what I did to get round the problem. That works fine.

So no one else is able to replicate this problem? I'm very confused then! Check out the attached file. I have set up 2 views (both of which are simple floor plans.) In the view 'normal image' I have inserted: firstly a simple image file, then 2 annotations, both with leaders pointing off to the relevant part of the image. Zoom into the 'head' of the leaders and you can follow them right to where they are pointing, nothing odd.

I have then duplicated this view with detailing. Selected the image, flipped it horizontally, then moved the annotation to be pointing to the same parts. It looks great as you open the file, but try zooming into to where the leaders are pointing and you will see weird results. The whole thing jumps all over the place.

I'm sure this can't be just me, this is the fourth computer I have tried this on!

blads
2005-11-24, 11:18 PM
I've tried doing the same thing on 3 different computers and each one has the same effect.

Lashers, your solution is exactly what I did to get round the problem. That works fine.

So no one else is able to replicate this problem? I'm very confused then! Check out the attached file. I have set up 2 views (both of which are simple floor plans.) In the view 'normal image' I have inserted: firstly a simple image file, then 2 annotations, both with leaders pointing off to the relevant part of the image. Zoom into the 'head' of the leaders and you can follow them right to where they are pointing, nothing odd.

I have then duplicated this view with detailing. Selected the image, flipped it horizontally, then moved the annotation to be pointing to the same parts. It looks great as you open the file, but try zooming into to where the leaders are pointing and you will see weird results. The whole thing jumps all over the place.

I'm sure this can't be just me, this is the fourth computer I have tried this on!
Sorry Max, just downloaded your file & I'm happy to report it works just fine... I can flip either image & zoom in/out with no abnormalities...

Just curious, what are your settings on the Settings>Options>Graphics

Max Lloyd
2005-11-24, 11:27 PM
Thes are the settings on my home pc (running version 7 here, although I am on version 8 at work. Still haven't upgraded to v 8.1 though.

blads
2005-11-24, 11:32 PM
Thes are the settings on my home pc (running version 7 here, although I am on version 8 at work. Still haven't upgraded to v 8.1 though.
Max,

the only difference I can see is that I'm running v8.1 (build #20050914_0100) which isn't the latest build.

Perhaps its time to take the plunge & upgrade ???

Sorry I cant be of more help

Max Lloyd
2005-11-24, 11:37 PM
Blads, you've been more than helpful, so thanks very much. Yes, i should take the plunge, been meaning to for a month or 2 now!

Still seems odd to me though, I'd love to know if any one else is experiencing the same though. Surely its not just me.....is it.....?

blads
2005-11-24, 11:48 PM
Blads, you've been more than helpful, so thanks very much. Yes, i should take the plunge, been meaning to for a month or 2 now!

Still seems odd to me though, I'd love to know if any one else is experiencing the same though. Surely its not just me.....is it.....?
It does seem rather odd & somewhat highly unlikely that only you is having grief...

Perhaps someone would like to give it a go & see if they can reproduce similar glitches...
Is there anyone out there???

Roger Evans
2005-11-25, 09:19 PM
Had a problem this week again with images (Revit 8.0)

Drawing Sheet with Site Plan ~ (Lines & filled regions only No model at all )

Add some photos to the sheet & coloured lines don't print .. Delete photos & the lines print

Sent the file to local reseller to check it ..

Problem solved if you print in good quality & not draft

I would consider this to be a bug as I was able to do this in previous 6.0 version in draft

Edit :- Problem happens in latest Version of Revit 8.1 as well