PDA

View Full Version : How to turn on lines of hidden wall?

E-Key
2005-11-24, 07:13 PM
Hi everybody.
I'd like to set view parameters to see walls below current level with hidden lines (see attached screen shot of Revit help). I set the floor plan view property Discipline to Structural. But can't find any parameters in structural settings to show walls below. I've spent a couple of hours trying to do that, but don't have a result.
What is wrong in my actions? Can anybody suggest something?
Thanks.

E-Key
2005-11-25, 01:26 PM
I've just now noticed that I placed this thread to Wish List forum. I'm so sorry for that. :Oops:
Can I ask moderator to move this thread to Revit Building - General?

Done. BG

robmorfin
2005-11-26, 12:17 AM
To view walls below in structural discipline, those walls need to have a structural usage value other than non-bearing (object properties dialog box), I'm not sure you can set them to be shown as hidden lines, but you can use the linework tool.

beegee
2005-11-26, 05:02 AM
Walls defined as load bearing will show as hidden lines ( below a slab ) when the View Properties Discipline is set to Structural and the walls are within either the Primary View Range or the View Depth range.

Within the Primary View Range, the wall hidden line style will be controlled by the Object Styles - Wall - Hidden Line property settings.

Outside the Primary and within the View Depth setting, the wall line style will revert to the " Beyond " linestyle.

E-Key
2005-11-28, 07:15 PM
Thanks to Bruce Gow.
I played with View Range parameters and have leaned that Bottom parameter value must be less then the bottom surface's elevation of the slab.
Hope it will be helpful to people bumped to the same problem.