PDA

View Full Version : Need'n help with Wall Section

m_cahoon14336
2005-11-26, 05:21 PM
Within the wall type definition; Is there a way to extend the brick masonry down to the top of footing
or block masonry / basement wall below? Thanks

jvoight
2005-11-26, 05:34 PM
In you wall properties. Choose preview and view the profile. zoom into the bottom of the wall. Select modify and select the bottom of the brick. A lock icon should show up, unlock it.

Now in your section, select the wall and there should be a blue arrow that allows you to pull the different sections of wall. Jim

m_cahoon14336
2005-11-26, 06:04 PM
I'm following you, but I can't get the blue arrow to appear. It's unlocked, etc. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

jvoight
2005-11-26, 06:14 PM
I'm following you, but I can't get the blue arrow to appear. It's unlocked, etc. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

Did you select the wall in section first? Try from an exterior elevation looking at the face of the wall, select the wall and you might see two arrows next to each other. Sometimes I cant get it to show in section either. Not sure why.

blads
2005-11-26, 10:09 PM
Alternatively, rather than using the blue arrow approach... after unlocking the brick leaf, in element properties you can specify a base extension distance, -250mm (say) = floor system depth

m_cahoon14336
2005-11-27, 07:04 AM
Jvoight and KingBlad, Thanks for your help. I've tried both methods and now they are both working for me now!