PDA

View Full Version : scheduling (you can't catch me...)

nrenfro
2004-03-16, 02:46 AM
Am I missing something or is it not possible to schedule things created with wall sweeps? I would like to schedule corner trim, crown & base molding in rooms, and the list go's on. We are having this type of information requested of us by clients and more so by builders who are eager to work with the data we extract from our models. It's frustrating for us to see the information and not be able to get at it. It's just not fair!!!

beegee
2004-03-16, 02:54 AM
Wall sweeps cannot be scheduled, although Phil Palmer suggested a possible work around.

Refer this Topic (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2845&highlight=sweep+schedule)

nrenfro
2004-03-16, 04:17 AM
corner trim Generic Family
Frieze board Fascia offset in h. & v. (weak)
cornice molding hummm...
base molding slab edge
crown thinking......

work around city, this is as far as I have gotten. It's all in my head, nothing excruciated.

nrenfro
2004-03-24, 08:10 PM
These workarounds stink!

corner trim- I can’t schedule Generic families (brain glitch)
Frieze board Fascia offset in h. & v. This works fussy if walls change
cornice molding hummm... still working on this one
base molding slab edges are no good, I can’t split the sweep at doors
crown In-place family too time consuming

I really really think that Revit should provide me tools to do this sort of thing, and no one has offered a technical reason why it can’t so I am hopping it’s a timing thing. Until that time call me Oscar, when such tasks are to be executed.

sbrown
2004-03-25, 04:48 AM
I would also like to beable to turn off the visibility of integral wall sweeps in various views, ie small scale plan views. I would guess that the scheduling of such elements isn't in great demand vs. other functionality. But it definately seems possible for the revit team to accomplish.

christo4robin
2004-03-25, 05:49 PM
Suggestion for nrenfro - add this item to the wishlist ng. That way Revit support / development is more likely to see it.

Cheers!