PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic input

MikeM4OSU
2005-11-28, 09:52 PM
I have a simple block "rectangle", that I use for ductwork. The issue is: when I pick one of the stretch grips I see a dimension that shows the current size, cool but instead of actually stretching to a length or width I would like to just input the size I want, for instance say my rectangle side is 6" and I pick the grip to stretch it to say 20" which works fine but if I input 20" in the Dyn input box I get however when I input the size I want in the dimension box what I get is 34" and not 20". Anyway I hope that I have not confused everyone. I have attached my block for your playing pleasure. Please help, I'd rather not use a lookup table if at all possible.

Thanks for the help.

Opie
2005-11-28, 10:00 PM
I see what you mean. Have you tried adjusting the settings in the properties palette? I'm not sure how to fix your problem though.

MikeM4OSU
2005-11-28, 10:02 PM
I have been tinkering with it for a while now, with no luck. It is just weird, when I input for the length it works just the way I would like it to. It is just the width with the double grips. I have tried to change it to one grip and I am having trouble making it work the way I want it to as well. Thanks for looking into it though.

Chris.N
2005-11-28, 11:17 PM
I have been tinkering with it for a while now, with no luck. It is just weird, when I input for the length it works just the way I would like it to. It is just the width with the double grips. I have tried to change it to one grip and I am having trouble making it work the way I want it to as well. Thanks for looking into it though. I think the problem lies with the center midpoint stretch... a workaround would be to make the width a one-sided stretch with the alignment point on a .5 move action to the stretch, like so, below....

MikeM4OSU
2005-11-29, 02:28 PM
Thanks, I thought that I had tried that but I guess I hadn't, this is just what I was looking for. I did add the length stretch to the move so that it is centered as well.

Chris.N
2005-11-29, 03:46 PM
Thanks, I thought that I had tried that but I guess I hadn't, this is just what I was looking for. I did add the length stretch to the move so that it is centered as well. Care to share the final result? (Post it in the "sharing (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=28359)" thread! :wink: )