PDA

View Full Version : Broken Leaders

stuntmonkee
2005-11-28, 10:01 PM
This is a frustrating deal. I have a detail that I'm noting. Its a rather tall detail, so I'm breaking it. Then I'm noting the detail, but the graphics being broken and condensed is causing confusion to the leaders, and causing then to freak out all over the place. Sometimes the arrows are pointing the wrong direction, sometimes the extension lines extend past the arrow, and other the extension will just not even show, or will show up in a completely different place.

For what ever reason, it is seeing the leader location in the "True" location, and the text at the placed location, and trying to connect them thought some portal. . .very annoying and the only way for it to show correctly is to not break the detail.

Anyone seen this or have a fix for it?

Thanks
Jasen

stuntmonkee
2005-11-28, 10:13 PM
Check the crazyness. . . .one section view was created, then coppied with detail and split then condensed. :?:

Dean Camlin
2005-11-28, 10:22 PM
I have experienced this too, and it was very frustrating. I think I ended up deleting and then re-entering the offending text and leaders, until it looked okay.

stuntmonkee
2005-11-28, 10:25 PM
Tried. . .doesnt work. . .you can get a few to work, but where theres a group, it wont work.

stuntmonkee
2005-11-29, 04:39 PM
I have tried and re tried this. . . :banghead: is this just the way it is?

John K.
2007-06-28, 02:02 PM
Same problem here though I'm still using R9.1 until the end of this project. I'm guessing this has been fixed in '08? Did you ever find a thread with any helpful suggestions on this subject? In the meantime, I guess I'll use drafting lines to create my arcs and arrows.

jaroguy
2008-02-14, 08:25 PM
Looks like the problem still remains in 2008! Very frustrating! Looks like faking it with arcs and filled regions in the place of leaders is the only work around right now?

patricks
2008-02-14, 08:34 PM
hmm I'm not having any problems like this. But I usually break my detail until I can fit it within my sheet height, and then go about adding text notes and other things. If the view is already broken, then my leaders from text notes, key notes, etc. will cross the break as if it were not even there.

Now I usually try to avoid crossing the breaks because it can cause problems if I have to adjust the breaks, but even if they do, they usually act fine.

The only thing that gives me fits is a when a vertical dimension crosses a break, and the dimension text ends up at the break since the actual center of the dimension is in the break, and thus it won't allow me to move the text to the "graphical" center of the dimension string on the sheet. The only fix there is to unbreak the view, pull the dimension, move the dimension text out of the broken area, and then put the break back in.

*edit* I just looked at your file, and it seems only the arc leaders are having that problem. Straight segment leaders seem to do okay, which is what I always use in my wall sections anyway.

However, I just added some notes to one of my broken sections, using arc leaders, and it worked fine for me.