PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Wall Mullion Profile

artitech
2005-11-28, 10:03 PM
I looked into creating a custom curtain wall mullion and found that I likely have to create it from a profile.

I cannot find any documentation on doing this, can anyone share the steps that I need to follow to achieve a new custom mullion shape?:neutral:

THX

blads
2005-11-28, 10:11 PM
I looked into creating a custom curtain wall mullion and found that I likely have to create it from a profile.

I cannot find any documentation on doing this, can anyone share the steps that I need to follow to achieve a new custom mullion shape?:neutral:

THX
Create new family, go File>New>Family>select "metric/imperial" as case maybe Profile-mullion.rft

then sketch in your shape required

otherwise a basic Profile tutorial can be found here... (http://www.steelselect.com/directory/viewresource.php?id=1852)

HTH

artitech
2005-11-29, 02:04 PM
Create new family, go File>New>Family>select "metric/imperial" as case maybe Profile-mullion.rft

then sketch in your shape required

HTH
Thanks Blads.
I had known of this method, I didn't realize it's the same step that was mentioned in some threads that I had read... I thought they were talking about something different ...

...:roll:

artitech
2005-11-29, 02:38 PM
Perhaps now the problem I thought I was going to be confronted with has surfaced.. I made the mullion profile (Profile-Mullion.rft) and saved it under a new name.

I loaded the family into my project and when I go to MODELLING-MULLION, I cannot see my custom made mullion as a selection...

How do I get it loaded in so that I can place it in my curtain walls?

Help would be appreciated. :neutral:

THX

blads
2005-11-29, 03:05 PM
Perhaps now the problem I thought I was going to be confronted with has surfaced.. I made the mullion profile (Profile-Mullion.rft) and saved it under a new name.

I loaded the family into my project and when I go to MODELLING-MULLION, I cannot see my custom made mullion as a selection...

How do I get it loaded in so that I can place it in my curtain walls?

Help would be appreciated. :neutral:

THX
Load in your new profiles. After highlighting the default mullion profile, go the "Type Properties", select Profile, found under the construction heading (refer attached image) & you should be able to select your desired profile.

HTH

artitech
2005-11-29, 03:11 PM
Thanks again for your help - I happpened to "just" find an old thread that helped me out as well...

- With the mullion tool selected open the properties box.
- Select the Family: category (i.e. rectangular, etc)
- Choose Edit/New
- Choose Duplicate and then name the new profile
- Select your custom profile from the Profile flyout.

Worked quite well.:D

crullier
2006-04-04, 09:50 PM
Thanks again for your help - I happpened to "just" find an old thread that helped me out as well...

- With the mullion tool selected open the properties box.
- Select the Family: category (i.e. rectangular, etc)
- Choose Edit/New
- Choose Duplicate and then name the new profile
- Select your custom profile from the Profile flyout.

Worked quite well.:D

But this can only be applied to a rectrangular mullion correct? - IE you can not crated a custom profile for a corner ?