PDA

View Full Version : Swing lines showing from doors behind section

Mr Spot
2005-11-29, 10:53 PM
Hey Peoples,

Maybe i'm having another brain malfunction day (which i have a lot of :lol: ),

How do people get around this happening:

If you cut a section through a building and there is a wall with a door in it behind the section, but the section actually cuts through the door swing (which are just symbolic lines in plan) the door behind the section will display the elevation swing symbolic lines?

I can't seem to get around it other than use the invisible linework on the swing lines? Shouldn't these only show if the section is cutting a 3D part of the door, not just the 2D detailing?

Anyone else found this and is there a way around it that i'm just not noticing today... The show instance only if cut option doesn't make a difference... :confused:

aggockel50321
2005-11-29, 10:58 PM
If it's a stock Revit door, they should be (the elevation swing lines) a subcategory under doors in the visibility dialog. You can turn them off there.

Mr Spot
2005-11-29, 11:05 PM
Realise this. Problem is there are doors in elevation that are in front of the section that do need to show elevational swing lines. Which is the annoying issue.

rsharp
2005-11-30, 01:32 AM
You might try staggering your cut plain of the section, maybe you could miss the door swings and still see what you want.

Mr Spot
2005-11-30, 02:16 AM
Not the ideal solution either as then in plan you'd have all sorts of weird shaped sections for no apparent reason to the builder. Invisible lines seems like the best workaround...

Guess i'm not having a crazy day...

JamesVan
2005-12-03, 04:22 AM
How about the linework tool? <Invisible Lines>

Merlin
2005-12-03, 05:14 AM
hmmm.....makes me think it would be nice to have some visibility parameters in families

John Mc

....(there aren't any are there???)

aaronrumple
2005-12-03, 04:55 PM
There are, but this would affect all doors of that type. Linework tool is the best solution right now.

JohnASB
2006-12-06, 03:49 AM
Can't find it but I know I didn't dream this.

Not long ago someone posted a method for constructing the door family that would prevent this from happening.
Anybody? I was just looking for this solution again today so sure could use the tip.

aaronrumple
2006-12-06, 02:48 PM
Can't find it but I know I didn't dream this.

Not long ago someone posted a method for constructing the door family that would prevent this from happening.
Anybody? I was just looking for this solution again today so sure could use the tip.
..one thing that works is to draw model linework on the face of the door instead of symbolic linework. The down side is you'll need to draw it on the front and back side.