PDA

View Full Version : Sloped Walls

three_yees1748
2003-05-23, 08:57 AM
Can we draw sloped walls in Revit?

I thought I read a discussion in the Autodesk Revit newsgroup that outlined how you could draw a sloped wall. Does anyone else recall seeing this?

Can anyone comment on how to achieve this?

Thanks

Tyrone

PeterJ
2003-05-23, 09:52 AM
There are three methods I know of and they are - from right to left in the first pic:

wall by extrusion defined with materials to approximate a wall - difficult to put windows into but by no means impossible, you just need to model them as roof based families.

wall created as in place family, okay but some problems with corners joins etc.

wall created as bloody thick lump and with an inplace void cut from it - only the front in this image to show how to make a battered wall, but you could cut away from both sides if necessary, this works well for corner joins etc.

Of the above, the only one which will give you construction layers on a ready basis is the roof version, so if you had a travertine face over metal framing over a in-situ concrete form you would have to draft all those with options two and three.

P[/img]

PeterJ
2003-05-23, 09:53 AM
There are three methods I know of and they are - from right to left in the first pic:

wall by extrusion defined with materials to approximate a wall - difficult to put windows into but by no means impossible, you just need to model them as roof based families.

wall created as in place family, okay but some problems with corners joins etc.

wall created as bloody thick lump and with an inplace void cut from it - only the front in this image to show how to make a battered wall, but you could cut away from both sides if necessary, this works well for corner joins etc.

Of the above, the only one which will give you construction layers on a ready basis is the roof version, so if you had a travertine face over metal framing over a in-situ concrete form you would have to draft all those with options two and three.

P

PeterJ
2003-05-23, 09:55 AM
I could be paying more attention here.................................