PDA

View Full Version : Dimension a Demo'ed opening

auxblade
2005-11-30, 11:22 PM
I'm working on a demo plan. I'm trying to dimension an opening in a wall that gets demo'd for a new door. The view is in "New Const" and the view settings are "Previous & Demo". All else is working great, but when I try to select the dashed-in opening it dim's the whole wall, not the opening.

Any ideas?

Ok - Here is the second issue. I've placed tags in the existing phase. I want these to show on my demo plan along with the items to be demo'ed (showing what is there). In order to get these tags to appear in this view (in "New Const" phase) do I have to retag spaces in that phase?

I have been unable to get the items demo'd to show with my graphic over-ride. If I place the view in the "Existing" phase. They have been just appearing normal.

Any more ideas?
Thanks.

Alex Page
2005-12-01, 12:45 AM
In response to your tagging, they are view specific (ie: you might not want them on your ceiling plan)....So yes you need to retag them, but the tag is already filled in. Also you can just copy and paste 'aligned' 'current view' them.

As per not showing demoed in the existing phase, they arent meant to...ie: the wall was created in the existing phase, but demoed in the phase the door was put into.

As for not being able to dimension the demoed door opening....I hadnt noticed before, but I cant seem to do it either

blads
2005-12-01, 01:08 AM
With regards to the dimensioning... have you selected "Individual References" rather than Pick walls (refer image)

I managed to dimension a demo'd opening just fine...

Alex Page
2005-12-01, 01:26 AM
With regards to the dimensioning... have you selected "Individual References" rather than Pick walls (refer image)

I managed to dimension a demo'd opening just fine...

try it without the door showing (ie: show previous and demoed)

blads
2005-12-01, 01:46 AM
try it without the door showing (ie: show previous and demoed)OK ...gotcha as a workaround place two ref planes/lines one each side of opening & dimesion to that

auxblade
2005-12-01, 03:01 AM
[QUOTE=
As per not showing demoed in the existing phase, they arent meant to...ie: the wall was created in the existing phase, but demoed in the phase the door was put into.
[/QUOTE]

My problem is that I would like to show room tags as existing along with the demo'd walls. This is what the contractor would see when he shows up on site. On my completed floor plan I then want to show different room tags in New Const phase after everything is demo'd. How do I get to show demo'd walls (New Const phase) and Existing phase tags?

blads
2005-12-01, 03:06 AM
[QUOTE=

My problem is that I would like to show room tags as existing along with the demo'd walls. This is what the contractor would see when he shows up on site. On my completed floor plan I then want to show different room tags in New Const phase after everything is demo'd. How do I get to show demo'd walls (New Const phase) and Existing phase tags?[/QUOTE]Create a duplicate plan - one showing existing & demo phase; the other showing new construction / areas

janunson
2005-12-01, 01:46 PM
I've had to insert fake phases between demo and new to get this done.

aggockel50321
2005-12-01, 03:14 PM
If I understand correctly what you are asking, one way to do this is by duplicating the view, setting the orignal view to the current phase and the duplicated view to the previous phase. Then place room tags (they're phase dependent) in each view. Turn off everything but the room tags in the previous view, and place / align both views, one on top of the other on a sheet. You could also modify the tag types for each view to help distingush what view they belong to better.

SmartAlx
2007-12-11, 09:47 PM
Cheese. Sorry, I know this is an old discussion, but just in case someone is looking for a solution, here it is. I'm surprised someone hasn't come up with this fix before.

To dimension a demolished wall, simply temporarily hide it (keystroke: hh). Dimension the existing wall. Then unhide the demolished wall.