PDA

View Full Version : Door Schedule

davidd.89743
2005-12-01, 01:14 AM
In a door schedule I have a column for the room in which the door is placed.

When I insert the door the field is populated with the correct room that the door swings into to.

However if I flip the door the schedule does not update to reflect the door opening into the new room.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Dave

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-12-01, 03:40 AM
Make sure you have the Door From parameter included in your schedule. Once you flip the door it's no longer going to that room.

Mr Spot
2005-12-01, 05:32 AM
You can change it manually as well by selecting the pull down you'll be able to pick between the two rooms.

janunson
2005-12-01, 02:32 PM
Once you place the door, the to-from property doesn' t change when you flip it. You have to manually change it in the schedule. I've found that depending on how the door family is made, it's not consistent whether the To room is the one containing the swing or not anyway.

aggockel50321
2005-12-01, 03:22 PM
I've found that depending on how the door family is made, it's not consistent whether the To room is the one containing the swing or not anyway.It seems that the location of the control arrows in the door family (which side of the wall they land on) is what controls what room is selected when the door is initially placed, not any of the door geometry, but once the door is flipped, the room selected does not update, as you say above.

jamesd10181097
2005-12-01, 05:12 PM
Is there a way to get the "to room" or "from room" to fill in as part of the mark. Like if a door is from room 107 to make a door mark of 107A. It would be really nice to be able to automate this door numbering system. It would be really nice if it could be linked so that if the room number changes all the dor numbers update appropriately.

Mark James
2005-12-01, 10:42 PM
It seems that the location of the control arrows in the door family (which side of the wall they land on) is what controls what room is selected when the door is initially placed, not any of the door geometry

I agree that door geometry has no effect on room selection, however, the control arrows would only indicate the "to room" side if they are placed on that side in the door family. The selection of which room is the "to room" is determined by the side of the wall that is picked when the door in inserted in the first place. The room on that side of the wall becomes the "to room" and the only way to change it is to delete the door and re-insert it by picking the other side of the wall.

aaronrumple
2005-12-01, 10:55 PM
I think the desired action would be to link this feature to the flip arrow location. This would make it more like the control in <ack!> ADT.

funkman
2005-12-02, 12:06 AM
What's wrong with a contractor just looking at the drawing - why is everyone trying to overschedule? Get the builder to read the drawing!

janunson
2005-12-02, 01:16 AM
Is there a way to get the "to room" or "from room" to fill in as part of the mark. Like if a door is from room 107 to make a door mark of 107A. It would be really nice to be able to automate this door numbering system. It would be really nice if it could be linked so that if the room number changes all the dor numbers update appropriately.
Unfortunately, this isn't possible to do automatically. It would be nice, we do our doors the same way. I've looked at a few workarounds, but none really do the trick that i've found. We end up labeling door marks manually. It's a wish of mine to be able to concatenate strings as part of formulas, I think with that ability it might be possible to make a shared Room+Mark parameter that would do it, although even then, you'd be getting duplicate mark warnings or manually entering the letter in a new field instead of the mark field. What would really be nice in addition to the string handling formulas would be the ability to change built-in fields like mark to calculated values so you can write your own formulas for their values.

rsharp
2005-12-02, 01:31 AM
What is the architectural application for the "to room" or from room" ? Exiting? We use a system where we use room # then a,b,etc. It would be real nice if Revit kept track of the the door #'s per swing into the room, however we usually use a system that also puts the a,b,c in order either clockwise or counter clock wise. I guess that's a little too much to ask.

aaronrumple
2005-12-02, 01:37 AM
What is the architectural application for the "to room" or from room" ?
Hardware.....