PDA

View Full Version : Aligning Grouped Unit Plans to Walls

photography67836
2004-03-16, 05:35 PM
I am working with groups (unit plans) and trying to align them to an exterior wall. That's fine, I got them to align. However, I forgot to lock a couple of them and now, I cannot find out which ones were or were not locked. And, if they were locked, I don't know how to bring up the lock icon to unlock them. Grrr.....

Also, if anyone else is working with large multi-storey apartments/condos and has some knowledge that they would like to pass on about working with repeating units, please share! I do have some tips already, but I would just like to see what other options are out there.

Thanks.

beegee
2004-03-16, 09:46 PM
I am working with groups (unit plans) and trying to align them to an exterior wall. That's fine, I got them to align. However, I forgot to lock a couple of them and now, I cannot find out which ones were or were not locked. And, if they were locked, I don't know how to bring up the lock icon to unlock them.

If you select a group, edit group and select one of the elements in the group, the padlock icon will show if that element (and hence that group ) has been aligned locked.

Re Groups: If you search in the forums your will find a lot of Topics covering various issues with Groups.

This is one (www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2033&highlight=group%2A)

photography67836
2004-03-17, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the reply.

I must have done something wonky with the aligning, because I can't apply the information you suggested. I am aligning the butt end of a wall (while it is grouped, NOT while I am in group edit mode) to the centreline of a main wall. Unfortunately, the grouped wall dissolves into the main wall as soon as I align it, and then I can't grab it to check it or change the alignment.

I will try the alignment while in group edit mode and hopefully that will work.

beegee
2004-03-17, 01:29 AM
This is the method I referred to ....

http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/download.php?id=1782