PDA

View Full Version : Detail references in door schedules

jwilhelm
2005-12-05, 05:32 PM
One thing I see lacking in door schedules is that there is no way to actually connect
a detail reference to an actual detail, not to revit like, in other words when I place a door head detail on a sheet it doesn't place the detail/sheet number in the door database so it can be automatically added to the schedule. am I missing something.

sfaust
2005-12-05, 06:12 PM
No, you're correct, and this is one thing that I have wished for for quite a while. I know it's been brought up before, but thanks for bringing it up again, this is the only place where you can really have an incorrect drawing reference in Revit.

mcuevas
2005-12-05, 06:20 PM
I agree, I've been wishing for this for some time now, not only door schedules but for window schedules, and equipment schedules also...or just schedules in general.

archjake
2005-12-05, 06:53 PM
I agree. This is needed in schedules and in regular text.

As for your door schedule, create a key schedule to reference a detail number. It is still a dead link, but at leasdt this way you will have the detail references in one location and if you have to change it, you change it in one place.

Alex Page
2005-12-05, 07:35 PM
I agree. This is needed in schedules and in regular text.

As for your door schedule, create a key schedule to reference a detail number. It is still a dead link, but at leasdt this way you will have the detail references in one location and if you have to change it, you change it in one place.

Nice trick.....have to remember that!

bowlingbrad
2005-12-05, 07:51 PM
...this is the only place where you can really have an incorrect drawing reference in Revit.

Please don't forget the "Reference other view" option. Manually picking a view can lead to mistakes once in a while...

sfaust
2005-12-05, 08:04 PM
Well, true. Sorry, I guess a better wording is that it's the only place where you can set it to the correct view, then have it be wrong later on. Referencing another view has to be set up correctly the first time, but after that it can't be wrong...