PDA

View Full Version : Inaccurate dimensioning!

craighowie
2005-12-06, 05:34 PM
Hi all

I am currently working on working drawings for a project and am encountering some problems with dimensioning my grid lines. The grid lines are at 6000mm intervals, yet when I dimension the combinations of these 6000mm grids I am getting small differences i.e. 12001mm! Could anyone explain this? I assume there is some way of changing the accuracy of the tolerance to avoid these differences so I can get well rounded numbers.

Thank you
Craig Howie
South Africa

PeterJ
2005-12-06, 05:59 PM
Start at one end and select the next grid, retype the dimension as 6000 and work your way along. There may be some minor misalignment based on drag the grids thendragging them back or something similar.

You can mess about with dim tolerances but better to get it right from the outset I would have thought.

janunson
2005-12-08, 01:47 PM
True... it could be that the grid lines are actually 6000.3 mm apart, which will round to 6000 if your dims are set to no decimals... that would make two of them 12000.6, which would round to 12001. If you activate your dimensions you'll see the actual unrounded distance, then, as Peter suggests, retype them to exact lengths.