PDA

View Full Version : Plan Region Problems

dsw98
2005-12-06, 10:56 PM
I have my view range set to view some 2020 windows I have set at a head height of 8 feet. My problems is when I use a Plan Region over an Arched Opening. I adjust the cut plane to about 5 feet and the wall hosting the Opening disappears. The only way the wall won't disappear is when I set the cut plan to a higher cut range which cuts through the arch, which inturn doesn't show the true width of the opening. Anyone have an idea as to why it's doing this?

rod.74246
2005-12-07, 07:47 AM
That sounds a bit strange, wondering whether it may have something to do with the arch. I have seen a similar problem before which turned out to be due to the fact the plan region happened to be also incorporating a stair which can tend to do some strange things with plan regions generally..

You may need to post this oe so someone can have a look at it.

dsw98
2005-12-07, 03:17 PM
Well here is what I did. I made the region view about 6" wider in each side of the arch and it worked. Unless it's a "Bug" in the system, not sure if you're suppose to outline the exact size of the item you want to have under the plan region. Strange but true I guess.

ejburrell67787
2005-12-07, 03:23 PM
Might be something in the arch family that obscures the wall possibly.

BWG
2005-12-07, 05:03 PM
Yep, for some reason the plan region has to be no where near the object you are altering the cut plane. That is what I was thinking before you found the answer. It would be nice if plan regions could be set in the family editor somehow or have a cut plane parameter for objects so we wouldn't have to do this on all these small windows and arches and such.

dsw98
2005-12-07, 06:54 PM
Also just found out that you can't move a plan region but circling around it and other walls ect. You have to actually select it. This also seems strange.