PDA

View Full Version : View Title Default

kcarlson
2005-12-07, 12:13 AM
When placing a view on a sheet, is there any way to set the default view title to another type?
I can't change it while I'm placing it like I can with other tags.

Thanks,

Kelly

DanielleAnderson
2005-12-07, 01:10 AM
You can create a new view title under new>family>annotation>view title. Then just import it into your project.
After that, just click on the viewport you want to change and create a new one and substitute the new view title in (see screen shots). Then you can just switch the viewport type when you want to see your new view title...
Hope that's helpful.

kcarlson
2005-12-07, 01:40 AM
Thanks Danielle,

I've been able to create various view titles; however, when I drag a view onto a sheet it defaults to one of my previous view titles. I would like to be able to either change the default view title or change it while dragging the view onto the sheet.

As I've already set up view titles for Concept, SD, DD, and CD is there anyway to change the default view title so that any views I drag on to a sheet are automatically set to the DD view title?

-Kelly

janunson
2005-12-08, 02:10 PM
Yes, you can redefine the one that it always defaults to to look like the one you want it to default to. then purge any others. Just place a view, select it, click properties, edit/new.. go to the default one, rename and modify to look like your desired default. then purge any others you don't want.

jbalding48677
2005-12-08, 05:16 PM
Where is it in the purge list? I looked (briefly) but could not find it.

Danny Polkinhorn
2005-12-08, 07:25 PM
purge any others you don't want.Also, that doesn't really work if we want more than one option. We'd rather not have to re-import them later.

Brockway
2008-10-23, 08:59 PM
I am currently re-researching this topic.
Was there anything else discovered on this since the posting?

Ultimately, what I'd like to do is assign "default" titles to A) Plan views, B) Elevations views, C) Detail views, D) etc.

Sort of a lock-in for standard view titles. In house, we are saying that a particular view should have a particular title. Therefore, after pulling any view to a sheet we ALWAYS have to go back and alter the view title regardless of the singular default view.

We want to 1) have multiple titles loaded in the project and 2) be able to indicate view titles = specific view types.

Any ideas?

dhurtubise
2008-10-24, 12:06 PM
I am currently re-researching this topic.
Was there anything else discovered on this since the posting?

Ultimately, what I'd like to do is assign "default" titles to A) Plan views, B) Elevations views, C) Detail views, D) etc.

Sort of a lock-in for standard view titles. In house, we are saying that a particular view should have a particular title. Therefore, after pulling any view to a sheet we ALWAYS have to go back and alter the view title regardless of the singular default view.

We want to 1) have multiple titles loaded in the project and 2) be able to indicate view titles = specific view types.

Any ideas?
This can't be done, i suggest you head to the whishlist forum :-)

luke.s.johnson
2009-12-16, 12:30 AM
So this still can't be done?

myBIMhero
2009-12-18, 06:50 PM
I am looking for the same thing. My view title family has several types - scale, not to scale, legend, and none. I would like the "scale" to be the default and always used. Unfrtunately it uses the "legend" type all the time. I recall hearing in one of the AU classes (templates with Robert Manna) that if you place a view and change it to a type - that one will be used the next time. Doesnt seem to be the case. Any ideas on how Revit selects which view title type it uses as a default? Thanks.

Steve_Stafford
2009-12-18, 08:34 PM
Still on the wishlist, sorry.

janunson
2009-12-21, 09:53 PM
Any ideas on how Revit selects which view title type it uses as a default? Thanks.

It's either the first or last one you created (don't remember which of the top of my head).

So... Once you've created all your view types, edit/rename the one that Revit is using by default to be your default title. Then go to the one that WAS that symbol and edit/rename it to be the one you replaced.

Per the other branch on this thread - this will make that symbol the default title for ALL VIEW TYPES, there's no way to set different defaults for different view types.

stimmo520
2010-03-01, 04:39 PM
There is a long way around the issue for now though. If you make some generic anno (detail groups work) families and set the view title to NONE, then manually place the different view titles you made as families.

Dave Lewis
2010-04-07, 08:16 PM
I'm still lost
I have a called COMPANY-VIEWPORT
Every time I drag in a new view it creates the view with "Viewport 1"
I am creating my interior elevation sheets and this is a huge amount of extra clicks to keep changing the viewport ever time I drag it a new view

dlpdi5b
2010-04-08, 05:59 PM
The trick Dave, is this:

When you place a view on a sheet, let's say it defaults to something called VIEW TITLE. What you need to do is edit VIEW TITLE to look like your preferred title (named COMPANY-TITLE, or something like that). Then purge your COMPANY TITLE and rename the VIEW TITLE to COMPANY TITLE.