PDA

View Full Version : Exterior wall schedule

anders.hedman
2005-12-07, 03:59 PM
Trying to add "Wall Function" parameter to a wall schedule in order to filter and count only the exterior walls. The Wall Function is automatically written in Wall Properties under Construction but for some reason not available as a field in schedule properties. When I add a parameter named "Wall Function" to the schedule Revit kindly adds another line with" Wall Function" text in the wall type properties. In the schedule the "new" parameter Wall Function stays empty, until I write "exterior " in every exterior wall family.

I could also add a code on each wall type under Mark or Model fields ( I´ve got only eight exterior wall types so its not a major problem, faster than writing this text, though this thought came across while writing this thread so I will submit it anyway)

I suppose this is the way to schedule exterior walls, filtering by Family or Type name is not either possible. Filtering by Family name and Type could be useful in door and window schedules also

bowlingbrad
2005-12-07, 04:02 PM
You need to try shared parameters. Check the help file to learn more...

Phil Palmer
2005-12-07, 04:07 PM
Another option would be to assign an assembly code to your walls and then you can filter via. assembly code or description if necessary

ejburrell67787
2005-12-07, 04:09 PM
I use a the type mark parameter to distinguish walls for scheduling and tagging. It seems suitable...! (eg W-[number] for exterior walls, IW-[number] for Interior walls, PW-[number] for party walls...)

As walls are a system family you can't just add shared paremeters as you might to other families, although I can't see what the problem with adding the parameter to the schedule was? Perhaps you choose to add an instance rather than type parameter?

anders.hedman
2005-12-07, 04:28 PM
The "Wall Function: exterior/interior etc" is by default listed in wall properties, but can´t be scheduled.

I use the wall Model name as Family type name, but this can obviously not be used for filtering so I will add it once more under type parameters, no problem. Thanks for your advice.

anders.hedman
2005-12-07, 04:54 PM
On the wall topic, does anyone know how wall area is counted by Revit? I thoght that it was counted by the location line, but a simple test gave no difference though I changed the location line to exterior. The engineer counting energia -losses wants the wall inside area.