PDA

View Full Version : How to only switch off one type of wall?

craighowie
2005-12-08, 07:42 AM
Hi

How do you go about filtering only one type of wall with the filter tool instead of the whole wall family? Is this possible? Working in Revit 8…

Thanks
Craig Howie
South Africa

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-12-08, 08:26 AM
Without knowing the circumstances or requirements...

You can place the walls on a separate workset

If you only need to turn the walls off on screen (they will still print) you can right click a wall of the type you want and select all instances and then hide them

You can place the walls in a separate design option

in short, there are a number of ways depending on the reason. Worksets are probably the best option.
HTH

ejburrell67787
2005-12-08, 08:34 AM
You could also set the wall to a past or future phase and set the view properties to not display that particular phase.

Kroke
2005-12-08, 04:36 PM
I wish we could toggle child walls as linestyles instead of the whole family too. What's the point of hiding it if it prints? It it's hidden it should not print. I never understood that.

neb1998
2005-12-08, 05:21 PM
Hi

How do you go about filtering only one type of wall with the filter tool instead of the whole wall family? Is this possible? Working in Revit 8…

Thanks
Craig Howie
South AfricaYeah this would be nice, a way to have a subcategory below walls in visibility to control which walls are shown and which are not. You sort of can do it with Structural and non structural and then change the discipline in visibility but it only allows for 2 types.

aaronrumple
2005-12-08, 05:25 PM
I wish we could toggle child walls as linestyles instead of the whole family too. What's the point of hiding it if it prints? It it's hidden it should not print. I never understood that.It is Temporary Hide/Isolate - not permanent. I lets you hide things for working quickly, but resets so the basic visibility settings are conformed to when closing or printing the file.

I still say that a permanent hide object-by-object is big trouble if it ever gets built into Revit. I know I would have 20 toilets on the schedule that no one could ever find.

Steve_Stafford
2005-12-08, 05:58 PM
...I still say that a permanent hide object-by-object is big trouble if it ever gets built into Revit. I know I would have 20 toilets on the schedule that no one could ever find...I agree! Unless visibility graphics has additional "branches in the tree" for the instance of each family and types for each category's objects so you could find out which ones are off and let you turn them on or off. That branch could be pretty BIG! :shock:

nole
2005-12-09, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by craighowie

How do you go about filtering only one type of wall with the filter tool instead of the whole wall family?Filtering is about selecting, right? And, if so, than you can select one type of wall throughout entire project with Project Browser>Families>Walls, then move cursor on the desired wall type, right click and choose Select All Instances.