PDA

View Full Version : Different text size in same text block

craighowie
2005-12-08, 07:47 AM
Hi there

How do you go about changing the size of text within text ‘block’ without changing the all of the text to the same size?

Not to sure if this is a silly question, but I can’t seem to get it right…

Thanks
Craig Howie
South Africa

ejburrell67787
2005-12-08, 08:36 AM
AFAIK you can't - the text size is a property of the text element, not individual characters/words within it. If 2 blocks of text will snap align though so its not hard to format 2 text blocks with different font sizes in line with each other.

jwilhelm
2005-12-09, 03:18 AM
yah Ive been whining about this for a while now, the text handeling funtions in Revit suck, I want to be able to select text within a paragraph & change it to bold etc, like any text editor would allow, come on factory, lets get with this one huh? its been a ling time coming

Joef
2005-12-09, 04:00 AM
Just try and show window sizes on a plan in the standard 3626 fashion. I can do it here but I can't do it in Revit.

ejburrell67787
2005-12-09, 09:33 AM
yah Ive been whining about this for a while now, the text handeling funtions in Revit suck, I want to be able to select text within a paragraph & change it to bold etc, like any text editor would allow, come on factory, lets get with this one huh? its been a ling time comingYou can currently select text within a paragraph and make it Bold, Italic or Underline, just not different font sizes or styles.

captainbunsaver
2005-12-09, 12:58 PM
For now I use "3-0 x 2-6" for size. What's wrong with that?

As for barking at the factory, I think it's rather like being at a very busy fast food restaurant on a Friday - at least we're on 'this side of the counter'.

The Captain

Joef
2005-12-09, 03:19 PM
For now I use "3-0 x 2-6" for size. What's wrong with that?

As for barking at the factory, I think it's rather like being at a very busy fast food restaurant on a Friday - at least we're on 'this side of the counter'.

The CaptainSome of the guys in the office use AutoCAD, some use Vectorworks. I use Revit and Autocad. We try for a consistent look in the drawings as much as possible. 3'-0 x 2'-0 takes up a lot of space and is not the standard annotation in these parts.
Even a dog that loves its master will bark at him! Arf Arf!