PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Profiles

sales1894
2004-03-18, 08:07 PM
Hi!

I was wondering if it was possible to edit the elevation profile of a curved curtain wall...

Greg Vernon

PeterJ
2004-03-18, 08:14 PM
No.

If you need a longer answer then various things can be achieved by using in-place family voids to cut the wall but you cannot use the edit elevation profile as such.

Scott D Davis
2004-03-18, 09:16 PM
But you can cut an opening in a curved wall. Create the wall, then click on it to Modify. An "opening" button appears in the Options Bar. Click on the button, then you can create an opening by sketching a rectangle opening. Sorry, nothing other than rectangles at this point.....

info1898
2004-03-19, 09:15 PM
Of course you can edit the opening profile in the windows M_Opening family to any shape including triangular shape, and then insert the opening a the correct height to get the profile in the curved wall. [/img] You can segment a large curved wall to get the result you need. I am attaching a view of what I mean. Pitty you cannot do that straight forward in Revit.

beegee
2004-03-20, 01:02 AM
It is possible to model a parametic void that will interact with a solid to achieve a different profile, if thats what you mean.