PDA

View Full Version : Cant change the size of site component (trees)

petercronin97702
2005-12-08, 08:40 PM
I downloaded some trees from the RUGI site but have not been able to change their size. Changing the dimension for the "plant height" in the type parameter does not change the actual size on the site. I have opened the family files for the trees to see if there is anything wrong but they appear to be consistent with other families that do change. Any suggestions on what to do? Cheers.

Merlin
2005-12-08, 10:47 PM
I downloaded some trees from the RUGI site but have not been able to change their size. Changing the dimension for the "plant height" in the type parameter does not change the actual size on the site. I have opened the family files for the trees to see if there is anything wrong but they appear to be consistent with other families that do change. Any suggestions on what to do? Cheers.

hmmm....I think you'd have to post the file here for us to look at....there's too many possibilities to "wing" suggestions
John Mc

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-12-08, 11:10 PM
Have you tried rendering the tree? Most of the place holder 'stick' representations I've seen for Revit trees remain the same height until rendered.

petercronin97702
2005-12-09, 01:10 AM
Attached is a file of one of the trees that does not change in height when its dimension is changed.

neb1998
2005-12-09, 04:36 AM
I downloaded some trees from the RUGI site but have not been able to change their size. Changing the dimension for the "plant height" in the type parameter does not change the actual size on the site. I have opened the family files for the trees to see if there is anything wrong but they appear to be consistent with other families that do change. Any suggestions on what to do? Cheers.The trees that come with revit in the imperial family change size based on the plant height. (the outside diameter is what changes) -- this sometimes seems to affect the rendered size but thats usually easier to change inside the rendered materials editor.

aggockel50321
2005-12-09, 01:28 PM
The tree you've uploaded was made from an imported acad block.

These families have been around a while. I'm not sure how these were made, but the imported drawing is not scaleable.

I was able to make it scaleable by exporting the family to a .dwg. I then deleted the original imported .dwg, and imported the previously exported .dwg. (see attached family)

The problem is, I lost the accurender mapping in the process, & am not sure how to get it back. Possibly someone else might have an answer.

sbrown
2005-12-09, 02:38 PM
The trees in rugi may not have been created properly. If you want the symbol to scale with the tree ht parameter, you need to use a nested family. So you make a plant family with say a dwg plan symbol and a dwg elevation symbol, then load that into a new plant family and then it will scale with the height.

Steve_Stafford
2005-12-09, 03:59 PM
This thread has had a second thread merged with it. This thread was moved from tips & tricks originally and the second thread was also moved from tips & tricks to merge with this one. Tips & tricks is not for asking questions :wink: