PDA

View Full Version : Rotate & Stretch help

MikeM4OSU
2005-12-09, 01:58 AM
Ok, I have typical wall clean out symbol we use at our firm. I am trying to make it into a DB. The trouble that I am having is with the rotate and stretch. If I insert the block and stretch it to the desired length and then rotate to the orientation that is desired everything works ok. However, if I were to rotate and then try the stretch action then things start to go haywire. I have attached the "WCO.dwg" for anyone to view and help with my problem. Thanks for any help.

Mike

MikeM4OSU
2005-12-09, 04:13 PM
Thanks to Thomas Dean from the Autodesk Discussion Group Dynamic Blocks, he has helped me with my problem and here is his solution. Enjoy everyone.

"Ah yes, the old rotate and stretch bug. Erase your rotate action, then add
it back in. Select the entities and the parameter used for stretching but
do not select the parameter's grip. See attached for the corrected block."

Here is the corrected block. Save it to a folder and then insert it into a drawing to see how it works.

Chris.N
2005-12-09, 04:40 PM
...or use polar stretch (includes the rotate action, thanks to Rico for giving me the idea) try it out and see if you like it....

MikeM4OSU
2005-12-09, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the info, I will try and remember that one for the next block.

Chris.N
2005-12-09, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the info, I will try and remember that one for the next block. one quick note, I couldn't get it to work properly using the polar strectch set... had to do parameter, then polar stretch action after... weird.

Rico
2005-12-09, 07:00 PM
...or use polar stretch (includes the rotate action, thanks to Rico for giving me the idea) try it out and see if you like it....
I gave you the idea ??! Must have been through osmosis because this is my first post today ... or telepathy .... ooooh. ;)

Hehe. Yeah, I was gonna suggest Polar Stretch, too.