PDA

View Full Version : Export DWF??

ford347
2005-12-09, 06:10 PM
I am trying to export to DWF by combining all selected sheets into one file. I choose a location, 100% view and say ok. It takes quite a while for one sheet alone, and when it reaches roughly 80% of that one sheet, I hear that lovely loud beep that let's you know somethings wrong, and then Revit disappears!! Shuts down, goes bye bye. Weird. Has anyone ran into this before, and how am I suppose to export to dwf? By the way, I did export my 3d view ok...but that's it.

ford347
2005-12-09, 07:13 PM
Print Problem too!! Try to print with a driver, print to file (prn) and goes through about 5 sheets, then tells me it couldn't start the print process for the rest of the sheets!? I really don't know the best way to get my files to paper. I don't own a plotter right now, so I am always having to print to pdf, which is really not that good, it moves walls, lines, put's things where they don't belong, things don't show up in the drawing, the line weights blow up and look terrible etc. I am trying to understand a post done by aaronrumple, but I've never used the distiller before, so I have no idea how to go about getting all of that to work? Maybe someone has a suggestion on an easy method. Thanks.

BillyGrey
2005-12-09, 08:11 PM
Re: PDF

First off, what PDF app are you using? You should not be experiencing tiling and blow-ups with "normal" line typ. files. I have found this is more common with complex shaded views. I use Acrobat 7 pro, which distiller is bundled into, for most of my pdf generation. It works very good without resorting to distiller. But last week I had some shaded views blowing up on me, and I got turned on to Nitro PDF which handles the file very nicely. It's cheap and did what many others could not.

HTH
Bill

ford347
2005-12-09, 10:34 PM
I am using Adobe Acrobat Standard 6.0. I am having to resort to the Distiller and even that is posing to be a task, figuring out what drive to use. It's working ok, but my line weights are still coming out heavy. Also, I selected 14 sheets to print to this driver, It went through seven, then error messages for the rest stating that the printing process could not be started?

ford347
2005-12-10, 01:40 AM
Ok, so from 10:30am - 5:00pm, and still no desirable results. It can't be this hard, I really hope it's just me, cause this is too difficult. DWF keeps shutting my system down, this pdf distiller thing prints some sheets and not others.......the settings to get my line weights to look right make my pdf files really large.....14-sheets was 15.5mb in pdf format, so that's not cool for emailing consultants and such....anyone with some advise or a follow up from the previous? .....keep on keepin' on I guess!!.......Thanks