PDA

View Full Version : components not visible in plan view

MattB-1442
2005-12-12, 03:32 PM
A wierd thing started happening - components I've been using for years are now not showing up in plan view. They WERE visible the last time I opened the project, and they are there (they're visible in section view and you can pick it in plan view). I've tried opening the component and saving to 8.1 and it is still invisible. I've tried deleting it from the project and reloading it. That worked once, now it's not.

I'm at a loss - anybody else have this problem? Thanks.

janunson
2005-12-12, 03:43 PM
Haven't seen or heard of that one... sure nobody's turned off some categories under visibility, or changed the view range? Plan Regions? Filled Regions?

Is it happening in 1 file or all files?

MattB-1442
2005-12-12, 04:00 PM
All of the visibility settings are on (I'm a solo operator so no one else is working on this project), there are no plan regions set and the view range settings are good. I tried different graphics settings. Whe I did that, closed the file and re-opened it, one of the components I inserted that WOULD show up disappeared. The components in question appear in another project file just fine.

Very strange and aggravating.

janunson
2005-12-12, 04:19 PM
Are these families made from imported 3D models, or from scratch? If Imported, have you checked to see that imported object styles is on? It's off by default, but the setting didn't actually work until 8.1...

MattB-1442
2005-12-12, 04:35 PM
These are components I downloaded a long time ago form the old Revit UGI.

That was it - the "imports in families" was unchecked.

THANKS A MILLION!!