PDA

View Full Version : Room Boundary & Component

ford347
2005-12-12, 03:53 PM
I have a bathroom in which I have bathroom accessories, and I have chose to schedule them by room name and number. But there is this one little problem accessory messing up the whole agenda here. When I Place the toilet paper dispenser against the wall....like it's suppose to be, it shows up in the schedule by itself, not in the room it's suppose to be in. I have to nudge the dispenser into the room until it shows up in the schedule in it's appropirate room. Now, all the rest of the tp disp. in the other bathrooms don't have this problem, and I've messed with the family itself, moving it around, changing some of the symbolic lines, etc. but nothing seems to work........any suggestions?? Thanks

sbrown
2005-12-12, 05:30 PM
Dont use a wall hosted toilet paper dispenser.

ford347
2005-12-12, 05:50 PM
It's not. It uses an dwg. import to create the geometry of the tp. disp. though...if that helps?

Steve_Stafford
2005-12-12, 11:31 PM
Sounds like the geometry of the dwg has an element that makes the origin of the dwg fall outside of the room it is really in. You probably don't have access to the dwg file which means you may need to make one of your own. If this is Revit content or from modern medium it would help everyone to know which one it is so we can avoid it and/or get it fixed.

If you have the dwg file then take a look at it and see if you can find anything on a frozen or turned off layer that might make the extents of the file larger than it should be.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-12-13, 12:41 AM
For all the effort it would require I'd create a simple family in Revit and place that in the project.