PDA

View Full Version : ADT Problem?

ajayholland
2005-12-13, 09:04 PM
I had this inquiry from a user group member who is considering the transition from ADT to Revit:

Quick maybe simple questions for those REVIT users / experts:

How come, in REVIT, when you open an ADT DWG file that has XREFs, all Xrefs are missing? Do we need to bind the XREFs in ADT and EXPLODE AEC entities for Revit to be able to see all XREFs?
I use AutoCAD 2006 (Revit Series) and have not had any problems with linked files containing external references. Any advice from other ADT users is appreciated.

~AJH

Wes Macaulay
2005-12-13, 09:05 PM
Me neither. Nested ADT xrefs show up just fine...

jbalding48677
2005-12-13, 10:07 PM
Here is my partial reply to the same question.

This is a pathing issue. If the path is absolute Revit will find it and it's nested xrefs. If it is a relative path it will not. I have not tried using the "Start In" icon for Revit, but that might help? I am looking into this at the moment.

Wes Macaulay
2005-12-13, 10:51 PM
Cool, Jim. I'll keep an eye out for that one...

kevinm.50732
2005-12-14, 04:40 PM
OK. That was me who had this issue. Thanks Jay for posting it here……Now that I've bound the XREFs, all XREFs showed in REVIT up but with very very thick lines and you can hardly read it as a drawing. The lines are 2" thick....Excuse my ignorance in Revit but I am newbie to this.....

Kevin
TCA

Scott D Davis
2005-12-14, 04:49 PM
sounds like a scale issue. You can click the Thin Line option in the toolbar (next to the Zoom icon) and then use the Measure tool or a dimension so see if your imported DWG is actually the right size.