PDA

View Full Version : Creating 3D rendering in AutoCAD

Detsenira
2005-12-14, 12:53 AM
We can’t afford to have sophisticated 3D software like Architectural Desktop, Autodesk viz, etc. but instead I want to learn on how to create 3D in Auto-CAD.

How efficient is the 3D tools command in Auto-CAD? Can anyone give me clue on how to set-up and draw a simple perspective view objects w/ rendering? Is Auto-CAD 3D tools has a capability of creating a perspective rendering view out of 2D floor plan of any simple residential house?

Ted (Detsenira)
Auto-CAD 2005 user

Alex Page
2005-12-14, 01:11 AM
Yep...not a problem, but inefficeint in time, mainly because my experiance shows that the 3d autocad model is one-off.....ie: if changes need to be made to a bit of it its easier to delete it and redraw it....
have a look at tutorials, solid modelling is the way to go.......
make layers correspond to matarial so you can assign
materials to layers later.
Have a look at dview commands for viewing etc etc

Mike.Perry
2005-12-14, 07:57 AM
Hi Ted

Please note I have *moved* this thread from the AutoCAD General (http://forums.augi.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120) forum to this one as I feel this particular Forum is a more appropriate place for such a topic.

Thanks, Mike

Forum Moderator

Mike.Perry
2005-12-14, 08:06 AM
Hi

The following posts contain a few links to tutorials that might prove useful...

RE: Looking for Rendering Advice

RE: Learning 3D drawings in AutoCAD 2005

Have a good one, Mike

Detsenira
2006-02-23, 03:22 AM
Thanks Mike and Alex for sharing your Ideas and links of interesting site related to the subject topic.

I am presently working my first 3-D project and I fell comfortable in creating the image the way I want it to be, except I can't successfully apply or use some of the editing command like extend, cut, trim and others. Instead I used to draw an over sized object inserted to the object I want to cut and used subtract to erase an extra object and Its a little bit time consuming.

Again thank you,

Ted