PDA

View Full Version : DETAILING

jwilhelm
2004-03-21, 09:17 PM
I am finding that when I am detailing a callout view with the model view set to "Underlay" so I can draw over it I often will inadvertently select a background object and move or delete it. Is there a way to have an Underlay visible in a callout view but not selectable ?

beegee
2004-03-21, 10:33 PM
No, not at present.

You could try locking the elements in the view so that they can't be moved though.

cogen
2004-03-22, 12:50 AM
I've also encountered this problem. On the other hand, sometimes it's convenient to be able to align or move objects in the underlay view. Maybe there could be a checkbox to lock/unlock underlay view?

beegee
2004-03-22, 01:40 AM
How about placing the model components in that view, on non editable worksets ?

softi1779
2004-03-22, 03:18 AM
Simply lock model objects! 8)

mlgatzke
2004-03-22, 06:13 AM
Sorry guys, but I think I'm going to have to side with jwilhelm and cogen on this one. Exactly why is it we can select object in an Underlay? Why would we want this? If you want to change something on the level being Underlaid, simply open that view. It's an "Underlay" for a reason. I've done exactly the same thing before.

sbrown
2004-03-22, 06:34 AM
Many times I need to select an object in underlay. For example, You have a wall below the level you are working on and want to pick it and tell it to come up to the level you are on. Or you need to use the linework tool on an underlay. I do agree we need some sort of "fix" to keep objects where they are when you don't want them moved by accident. I think the workset Idea is best. actually locking the objects can have serious negative sideffects.

jbalding48677
2004-03-22, 08:41 AM
I will have to agree with Scott on this one. I like being able to modify underlay objects. I would support a solution that allows you to filter out underlaid objects by a user definable check box or other sorts. Perhaps this could be a wishlist item?

PeterJ
2004-03-22, 09:23 AM
It could operate much like the tick box when editing design options.

Nic M.
2004-03-22, 10:42 AM
A view specific "not selectable" option would be a real plus in my opinion.
I could use it on all the detail views, electrical / Plumbing plans, ...
Or set up specific view templates

As Martin P. once said "walking on egg shells " is the exact thing what I do now.
Worksets is probably a work uround but overkill in my situation.
Also used Options in some occasions but its not what it's intend for.