PDA

View Full Version : Not to scale detail

WolffG
2005-12-15, 02:15 PM
How do I make a Draftin View "not to scale"?
This is useful for diagrams.

sbrown
2005-12-15, 02:20 PM
Just create a viewport that has a modified view title family that say N.T.S. where the scale usually is.

WolffG
2007-04-04, 05:15 PM
I know this is an old topic but it still has me totally vexed.
I created a "not to scale" view title, but can't seem to use it on an instance by instance basis. Every time I insert it, it seems to insert globally to all views on all sheets.
How do I get a view title with "not to scale" that applies only to a specific detail?

Thanks

twiceroadsfool
2007-04-04, 05:53 PM
I know this is an old topic but it still has me totally vexed.
I created a "not to scale" view title, but can't seem to use it on an instance by instance basis. Every time I insert it, it seems to insert globally to all views on all sheets.
How do I get a view title with "not to scale" that applies only to a specific detail?

Thanks

You need to make the new annotation View Title NTS, and not use the Label for Scale in it, you use Text that says NTS.

THEN, in your project, you have to make a new Viewport Type (select a view and go to properties > Edit/New), then tell this new type to be named "NOT TO SCALE." Then, change the annotation symbol it uses to be the NTS one that you just made, and as you put views on sheets, you will change them to the NOT TO SCALE type in the drop down box...

WolffG
2007-04-04, 07:52 PM
You need to make the new annotation View Title NTS, and not use the Label for Scale in it, you use Text that says NTS.

THEN, in your project, you have to make a new Viewport Type (select a view and go to properties > Edit/New), then tell this new type to be named "NOT TO SCALE." Then, change the annotation symbol it uses to be the NTS one that you just made, and as you put views on sheets, you will change them to the NOT TO SCALE type in the drop down box...

OK, today I must be registering about a 10 on the density meter.

I got through making an annotation view title, and I made a new viewport type.
I assigned the detail to the new viewport type.

But I can't figure out the last step, i.e. changing the annotation symbol for the new view and assigning the "not to scale" one to this view.

twiceroadsfool
2007-04-04, 08:59 PM
Please see the attached 2 images. Select one of the viewports that you have changed to the "new viewport type" and Hit the properties button. (NTS1) Now you need to click the EDIT/NEW button, and that will take you in to the type properties.

Then see NTS 2. Click the drop down and change the annotation symbol to the one you made. This will make it display as "NTS" on your drawing sheets.

Does this make it clearer?

WolffG
2007-04-05, 03:11 AM
Thanks Aaron. It took me a while but I eventually had a eureka moment.