PDA

View Full Version : Editing cui, lost all acad

jgratton
2005-12-15, 04:16 PM
I made an admin profile first, then opened my "ical" menu which had been supplied to me by our client. I then attempted to load acad as a partial menu, but got some error message, I remembered I still had acad defined as my main menu, so I changed it to ical and closed the program. When I tried to launch, ical came up as my only menu, but anything I touch shuts down autocad.

To get out of this pickle, I made a shortcut and added my handy "unnamed.arg" profile loader. It made no difference. Every desktop icon loads "ical" and I am HOOPED. Help!

How do I force acad to load with acad.cui again?

jgratton
2005-12-15, 04:33 PM
I made an admin profile first, then opened my "ical" menu which had been supplied to me by our client. I then attempted to load acad as a partial menu, but got some error message, I remembered I still had acad defined as my main menu, so I changed it to ical and closed the program. When I tried to launch, ical came up as my only menu, but anything I touch shuts down autocad.

To get out of this pickle, I made a shortcut and added my handy "unnamed.arg" profile loader. It made no difference. Every desktop icon loads "ical" and I am HOOPED. Help!

How do I force acad to load with acad.cui again?
Cancel the alert. I picked on the "ical" pulldown and was able to load another menu that had acad commands on it. So I was able to get out and back in safely again. I think this means I will not be able to use "ical" as the main menu, the way it was in 2002. I had better start with a blank cui as my main and partially load "ical" and all the others into it.