PDA

View Full Version : View Range - Merged similar ideas for Graphical Control

aaronrumple
2003-05-24, 02:14 AM
We all move the view range around quite a bit as we work or change the cut height. I'd like to be able to do this graphically in the elevation/section much like the section and elevation extents are adjusted.

You could then quickly slide the view range/cut up and down and apply linework to object...

Only issue is that with duplicated views - each could have different settings. Ther would need to be a way to define the view's view range the level would be adjustting <...details, details...>

Come to think of it: I'd be happy if only the parent named view could be manualy adjusted...
Adjust/Duplicate View/Readjust/Duplicate View etc...

Steve_Stafford
2003-05-24, 03:27 AM
These concepts are discussed in other threads.
View Range Nudge (http://www.zoogdesign.com/forums/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=187)
Another Related Idea (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=10667)
Keyboard Shortcut for View Range (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=133)

jwilhelm
2004-02-19, 03:02 AM
1) View range: A toggle that makes the cut plane,top&bottom,v iew range visible in section,elevation or 3d. The 3d view could be a semi transparent shaded plane.

jwilhelm
2004-05-16, 01:58 AM
I have found it annoyingly difficult to vissualize where exactly my cut plane is cutting through in a plan, it would be nice to be able to see it in 3d and section views, perhaps even in a transparent shade in a 3d view and even be able to grab handles and change it graphically. I find all these dialog boxes a pain when something can be done graphically as opposed to typing a number in a dialog box it seems more direct.

aaronrumple
2004-05-17, 01:24 PM
I would perfer the view range worked like the ection and elevation symbol extents - except attached to a level line. This would be in keeping with the Revit UI.

I think adjusting them in elevation would be more accurate than trying to adjust them in 3D.

PaulB
2004-05-17, 10:10 PM
I'm with you on this one. The number of times you have to go to the dialogue box to try and get the right cut plane, etc. Sometimes it's trial and error to get exactly what you want.

I know this one has been listed previously so lets cross our fingers.

scott.57550
2004-06-13, 07:52 PM
I hope this idea gets legs and Revit will implement the idea.

If the level line had a right click function and the VIEW RANGE settings were displayed by color or actual values would save me a great deal of time setting up views that have more information w/ fewer sheets.

This has been on my Wishlist several times for new release consideration.

PeterJ
2004-06-14, 06:32 AM
If the level line had a right click function and the VIEW RANGE settings were displayed by color ... values would save me a great deal of time setting up views that have more information w/ fewer sheets.
And these could then be draggable.....

Of course it falls down a little if one has a multitude of different views springing from one level, but those clever folks at the factory can no doubt find a way around that.

Frederic
2004-11-03, 04:06 PM
I wish Revit had visible indication (in section- just like levels) - for the location of each view range parameter.

zanzibarbob7
2005-03-26, 02:01 PM
It would be nice to have a graphical method of adjusting the view range, cut plane, etc. Like in elevation or crop region, where you can grab levels and change them and/or change the numerical value.

I think this would be especially helpful in Plan Region where you are trying to cut a small object, perhaps a small window. Rather than toggling to elevation and noting the heigth of an object I find it would be quicker and easier to drag the cut line to the desired heigth.

Maybe something like wall dialog box with the existing parameters on the right and a prewiew of the elevation on the left, with the choice of all existing elevation to choose from, and any plan regions selected for change.