PDA

View Full Version : New/ Existing Walls

brd
2005-12-15, 08:05 PM
My office is working on a TI space from a building we did a few years ago in AutoCAD. The shell was done in AutoCAD, but all of the TI spaces have been done in Revit. For the first TI space, we drew the shell building in Revit and made all of the walls existing. Then I changed the phase settings to make all existing walls have a solid grey hatch. It worked like a charm for the first TI space, but now we are on the second TI project in the same shell building and the walls are not appearing the same way. We copy/pasted the existing shell building from the first TI project into a new project file, but now only the outline of the existing walls are showing up grey, and there is NO solid hatch on the walls. I've checked every setting I can find between the two files and from the best I can tell, they all match. Does anybody what I can do to make these files match? I did it once, I know it works, now I just can't get it to work again! Grrr! I am extremely confused, could anyone please help? Thank you!

Tom Dorner
2005-12-15, 08:43 PM
When you did the cut and paste did you paste the walls into an existing phase?

If you pasted them into a view that had new construction they will take on that phase setting.

Also check your View Properties and make sure your phase filter is set to show "previous plus new".

Check also that the material "phase - existing" is setup properly.

HTH

Tom

brd
2005-12-15, 10:29 PM
I checked on those first 3, and they were right. The 4th one you listed is what I think the problem is. Thanks!

patricks
2005-12-15, 11:04 PM
So you are using a separate project file for each tenant space? If so, what I would have done would be to take the file w/ the first tenant space (shell on existing phase, interior walls on new phase, where everything shows correctly) and then just do a Save As to make the project file for the next tenant space. Then go into that new file, select all the new stuff and move them to the existing layer.

At all times in all files, there will be 3 phases (existing, new, and project completion). Doing it this way should keep you from having to do any copying and pasting.