PDA

View Full Version : Licensing questions

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-03-22, 07:15 PM
I have several releases of Revit installed under one contract/license (not a network license) on a variety of machines in a two location office. (that's clear, right? :? ) A few liecensing issues have arisen as a result.
1. Once a 6.1 license is authourized does it nullify the existing 6.0 license (or any other prevous release for that matter) installed on the same computer? ie can one computer have several versions running on it using only one license?

2. If I need to re-install 5.1 on one of these machines can I still get it authorized over the web or has the 5.1 'infrastructure' been dismantled? NOTE: I still have acces to the 5.1 install files so that shouldn't be a problem.

3. If this 5.1 license is installed on a machine with another release licensed, will it use up an additional license under the contract?

I won't get into why we need to do this (I weill say it's not my idea :wink: ) just that we do need to do it. I'm postng here because the response time is usualy faster than Autodesk help lines.
Thanks for any help in this regard.